Block of the Month 2019
Questions? Please let me know. Cindy Pfotenhauer 949.413.6473 email@example.com
This year’s project will be 10 months: 9 blocks (one each month), with the setting given the 10th month. You may use your own setting.
· The finished quilt will be 54” X 64” if you use the setting given.
· I am doing a scrappy quilt with 4 colors plus the setting fabric.
· Pick a setting fabric that works for your blocks. I am using the light batik “print” I displayed at the guild meeting. But, you may use Black or Navy or something else that works with your scrap colors. For this fabric, you will need about 2 ½ yards to do the setting supplied.
Instructions will be on the Bits website and emailed to those who request it. If you checked yourself off on my list at the meeting, you will receive the email. If you would like to be included on the email list, please email me and let me know.
Bring in your finished block the following month and receive a ticket for a drawing to be held the night of that meeting. Not completed? Don’t worry! There will be drawings at the end for completed quilt tops.
1. Cream/beige/white prints – total 2 yards. I am using light pinks or light gray for these.
2. Reds – total 2 yards. I am using purples.
3. Aqua – total 1.5 yards. I am using turquoises
4. Grays – total 1 yard. I am using pinks
5. Vanilla – 2.5 yards. I am using the light pink batik print I had at the meeting. (Hoffman, Petit Four). Choose something that works with your fabrics – Black or Navy or something else that works with your scrap colors.
I numbered a card from 1 to 5 to keep track of my fabric choices
1. Light pinks/grays = cream/beige/white
2. Purples = reds
3. Turquoises = aqua
4. Pinks = grays
5. My sashing color (Hoffmann, Petit Four Batik)
This helps me keep track of where to use each fabric since I made other selections than the colors listed.
Backing will be about 4 yards, binding 1 yard. No rush to select these.
I will have my quilt top completed soon so that should help you with your fabric selections. The more the merrier when it comes to scrappy quilts. I will post a picture here as soon as it’s done.
The 2018 Block of the Month
is a Mystery Quilt!
Diamonds are a Quilter’s Best Friend by Ann McNew
There are 2 options. Option 1 starts with a layer cake. Option 2 makes a Scrappy Quilt of Valor. Either quilt finishes at 60″ x 70″ and then you can add a border if you would like. The first month directions are in a pdf. Download it here and start quilting!
2016 Block of the Month
“Good Day Star Shine”
Each month a new block pattern will be released for one year, resulting in a finished quilt top of 12 blocks.
At the March 2017 meeting, we will draw a name to win a finished Good Day Star Shine quilt top. This top was created by Mary Lou Melkowski using her own hand-dyed fabrics.
- Finished size of each block is 12 inches.
- Materials needed: 2 yards of background fabric and 2 yards of focus fabric (for a scrappy look, focus fabric may consist of different fabric choices).
- Each completed month block will earn you a raffle chance. Simply bring your finished block for show and tell and check in with a committee member (deadline March 2017 meeting).
If you have any questions, or need help with a block, please ask one of your friendlyy committee members.
Mary Lou Melkowski, Roxanne Jasper, Debbie Ernst and Terry Rhodes
2016/2017 Monthly blocks:
March Block–Maple Star
April Block–Rising Star
May Block–Castles in Spain
June Block–Home Treasure
July Block–One More Time
August Block–Crown and Star
September Block–Northumberland Star
January Block–Amish Star
February Block–Foxy Grandpa
March Block–Odd Fellow Chain
2013 BOM/Mystery Quilt – Dusty Post, Coordinator
- Instructions 2013 Block of the Month_Feb_2013
- February Pieced Block Pieced Block 1 Feb
- February Appliqued Block 2013 Applique_1 Feb
- March Pieced Block 2013_Pieced Block 2 March
- March Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_2 March
- April Pieced Block 2013_Pieced Block 3 April
- April Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_3 April
- May Pieced Block 2013_Pieced_4 May
- May Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_4 May
- June Pieced Block 2013_Pieced_Block 5_June
- June Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_5 June
- July Pieced Block 2013_Pieced_Block_6
- July Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_6
- Finishing Instructions 2013_Table_Runner_both