“Good Day Star Shine”
2016 Block of the Month
Each month a new block pattern will be released for one year, resulting in a finished quilt top of 12 blocks.
At the March 2017 meeting, we will draw a name to win a finished Good Day Star Shine quilt top. This top was created by Mary Lou Melkowski using her own hand-dyed fabrics.
- Finished size of each block is 12 inches.
- Materials needed: 2 yards of background fabric and 2 yards of focus fabric (for a scrappy look, focus fabric may consist of different fabric choices).
- Each completed month block will earn you a raffle chance. Simply bring your finished block for show and tell and check in with a committee member (deadline March 2017 meeting).
If you have any questions, or need help with a block, please ask one of your friendlyy committee members.
Mary Lou Melkowski, Roxanne Jasper, Debbie Ernst and Terry Rhodes
2016/2017 Monthly blocks:
March Block–Maple Star
April Block–Rising Star
May Block–Castles in Spain
June Block–Home Treasure
July Block–One More Time
August Block–Crown and Star
September Block–Northumberland Star
January Block–Amish Star
February Block–Foxy Grandpa
March Block–Odd Fellow Chain
2013 BOM/Mystery Quilt – Dusty Post, Coordinator
- Instructions 2013 Block of the Month_Feb_2013
- February Pieced Block Pieced Block 1 Feb
- February Appliqued Block 2013 Applique_1 Feb
- March Pieced Block 2013_Pieced Block 2 March
- March Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_2 March
- April Pieced Block 2013_Pieced Block 3 April
- April Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_3 April
- May Pieced Block 2013_Pieced_4 May
- May Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_4 May
- June Pieced Block 2013_Pieced_Block 5_June
- June Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_5 June
- July Pieced Block 2013_Pieced_Block_6
- July Appliqued Block 2013_Applique_6
- Finishing Instructions 2013_Table_Runner_both