While the entire guild meets as a group once a month, members may also join mini-groups. These smaller groups are a great way to get better acquainted with their fellow guild members. Mini-groups may be interest based, location based or project based. Members who don’t find a mini-group to meet their specific need are welcome to organize their own mini-group and recruit members from the guild.
Current mini-groups are listed below. Click on the group name to find a schedule and information about joining.
- A-Team 2018/19– Meets the 2nd Wednesday – Daytime. The A-Team is a group devoted to the art of applique.
- Art Bits St. Louis 2018 – Meet the 2nd Wednesday – Afternoon. The Art Bits focus on making art quilts.
- Beginner’s Luck 2018–Meets the 1st Tuesday–Afternoon. The group is focused on developing piecing skills and other techniques and will be using the block designs from the 2017 Bits Block of the Month patterns.
- The Company 2018 – Meets the 3rd Thursday – Daytime. The Company is a social group and holds monthly activities and outings of general interest to quilters.
- Crazy Quilters 2018– Meets the 2nd Tuesday – Evening The Crazy Quilters are a block exchange group.
- Hand Piecing 2018–Meets the 3rd Thursday from 9:00 to Noon.
- Night Time Needlers 2018– Meets the 2nd Thursday – Evening. Nighttime Needlers is for any guild member who wants to enjoy an evening of hand stitching and socializing.
- Pieces of Friendship 2018/2019– Meets the 1st Wednesday – Evening. Pieces of Friendship is a block exchange group.
- Scraps 2018 – Meets the 2nd Monday – Daytime. This group focuses on charity quilts.
- Southern Stitchers 2018 – Meets the 2nd Thursday – Evening. Southern Stitchers is a block exchange group. Contact Lynn Dewitt for information.